Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hi blogging world! My name is Ronna and im 22 years old and about to start graduate school at the University of Florida.  I decided to start this, my first ever blog, as a way to talk about changes I have recently started to make in my life.

As I graduated from my 4 undergraduate years at UF, I had reached my highest weight.  I decided that I would take the summer to jumpstart a journey that could take a very long time.  I had from May-August with no school commitments to completely focus on losing weight. Beginning in May 2012, I joined Weight Watchers and began following the program along with my mom and dad. I also decided to get a gym membership and go to the gym at least 5-6 times per week. I didnt have too much trouble adjusting to the food aspect of the diet because I was still able to eat a lot of great tasting things through WW (weight watchers). Going to the gym was grueling and hard sometimes but I kept going.  I found that I really enjoyed the group exercise classes that the gym offered.  They were a great way to get in cardio exercise they made the time pass by faster than just going on a treadmill or elliptical. 

On a regular basis I began going to zumba, step, step and sculpt, kickboxing, and the occasional spinning class.  I still tried to walk/run on the treadmill and exercise in other ways.  When I first started in may, I could only run for about 3 minutes at a time and I was very frustrated with that.  I felt pretty pathetic that after such a short period of time I was huffing and puffing. As I started to go to the gym classes more, I stopped trying to run as often.  Last week I went on the treadmill and was pretty shocked with the improvements I had made.  I was able to run 10 minutes and almost a full mile!  It doesnt sound like much but I remembered running when I first started I was ecstatic that I had actually improved! Running is really hard for me but I know that if I stick with it and continue to exercise, running will also become easier.

I began my journey at the beginning of May and it is now July 9th. I have lost 25 lbs so far and I'm excited to keep going.  Above is my summary of what I have been doing so far this summer so from now on I will update more about daily activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment