Friday, August 24, 2012

classes and new weigh in meeting

Hey all!

I've had a pretty good first week of classes.  It hasn't been that hard to wake up for all the early days but I'm sure that won't last long. The classes have been interesting and I found out that in my functional anatomy lab where we are learning to palpate (feel for) the bony landmarks of the body we are all going to have to take our shirts off! So I will only be in a sports bra and shorts in front of 50 of my peers! It will definitely be embarrassing and I will feel self-concious the first time but hopefully I'll get used to it.  It will be even worse that not only will my shirt be off but my classmates will be feeling around my body.  Its hard to explain why we have to do this but yup we do. On the first day of class we had this lab and we were dressed professionally instead of the usual dress code which is gym shorts and shirt.  So the teacher didnt make the girls take off their shirts but he encouraged the guys to do so if they wanted to. We had to feel around the shoulder blade and locate different parts of the bone.

Anyways, since I moved up to gainesville I have to join the weight watchers up here.  I went to the first meeting yesterday and it was definitely a different feel than the meeting at home.  I like the one at home better but hopefully I like this one the more I go.  But I did like my weigh in this week....I lost 4 lbs!!  So now my total loss is 41.6...so happy to be past the 40 mark!  Only 9 more lbs until exciting things..50 lbs lost and I'll be under the 200s!! 

Now I'm off to start my first weekend in gainesville with all the party animal college students :)

have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are droppin weight so quickly, I'm jealous ;)
    I don't envy you about the shirtless class though, I don't know if I could do that.

    ReplyDelete